Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hummingbird Juice

I made up a vat of hummingbird juice, waited, and waited and then like beckoning nectar, I found not 1 but 6 at my feeder. Right now the prairie is prime for these snow birds who will start their journey south soon, can't say I blame them, better to venture now when the weather is balm. These sight-seeing au naturals are a therapeutic delight, so here's my secret recipe that I use instead of buying red dye.  

Basic Hummingbird Juice Recipe                
1 cup of water boiled the add 1/4 cup sugar stir and continue to boil until disolved. Let Cool add 2 to 3 icecubes then pour in the bottle and they will come.

I do predict a regular Fall schedule! Great for those of us caught in the moment or loving next season's change...till then enjoy and Godspeed!!

Nature's quirks- The Siskin is a small green/yellow European bird related to the goldfinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment